"I love you more than I know how to feel"

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sister Campbell =)


These beautiful words spoken by the Prophet, filled me with joy and tears ran down my face as I was touched by the spirit that this was my new future. 

That was the beginning of Oct. I immediately went to my bishop and asked if I could serve a mission! I knew that this was what I was supposed to do.
I remember sitting down and writing an email to Cody, explaining my thoughts and asking him about the choice I had made. 
I remember asking "Would you wait for me?"

"I could wait much, much longer to tell you honestly, because you just are worth it!"

So now, I am announcing that I, Amy Lynn Campbell, am going to serve a mission for my Heavenly Father!   On Dec. 2, 2012, my mission papers were officially turned in and last Fri, the 21st, I received my call! 


Dear Sister Campbell:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Utah Ogden Mission It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 20, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language. your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president

I felt so calm reading those words. My thoughts were that I knew that this was the most perfect place in the world for me to go!

So I will be leaving to serve my mission on Feb. 20th. And I will return around Aug 2014. Cody will be returning sometimes around April 2014. He will be waiting for me for about four months! 
So this whole 2 year wait thing? Nope. Cody and I will have waited about 32 months/almost three years. And why would I ever increase the amount of time we are apart? Isn't it strange that I would consider having us apart for four extra months? Isn't it amazing that it hardly bothers me at all? I think that that by itself tells me how perfect our situation and love is. 
Cody is so excited for me! He is so supportive and encouraging! 
I love him so much! 

2 comments:

  1. "Isn't it strange that I would consider having us apart for four extra months? Isn't it amazing that it hardly bothers me at all? I think that that by itself tells me how perfect our situation and love is. "

    I love how you put that. When love is true, you will wait any amount of time. And Amy, i am SO EXCITED for you, you are going to be a wonderful missionary! Ogden will be so blessed to have you, you are going to touch so many lives. I know you're going to be great! I'm just so happy for you!

    Much much much love!
    Jillyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Congratulations! You'll be a great missionary and he'll be all set when you get back with some of those just off of his mission things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete