"I love you more than I know how to feel"

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

my love swollen heart

Tonight I was looking, and found the very first email Cody ever sent to me. The very first one! The subject was "Because I love you"
Yes, I cried. You know why? Because he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 


7/24/09
As I lay in bed after your phone died, I couldn't help but think of you. As I usually do of course. And as I thought of you, I remembered that you wanted me to pray for you, so I did. And then I thought about how you would probably get on facebook at some point in time, so I wrote this little thing for you and just for you. You are so amazing. You really do astound me on a daily basis. My vocabulary and the vocabulary of mortals cannot aptly or even come close to describing your powerful spirit and your spectacular beauty. You have a lot of things that other girls don't Amy, and I love you even more because of it. I am so honored to even know you. And the fact that you would even consider me to be your boyfriend leaves me in a state of pure awe and wonderment. Thank you so much Amy. Your love for me is more than anything I could ever ask for. And I just want you to know that I truly do appreciate it. Thank you again, and I wish I could really tell you just how much I love you, but it never seems to be enough. So in the meantime until I find a way, can you accept my humble and simple phrases? 

Amy, I know.
I feel.
I think.
And I can barely express.
What I am about to say is about as representative of how I feel of you as a single star can represent the universe. 
I, Cody Norman, do know without a sliver of doubt and have determined for myself that I am truly, honestly, sincerely in love with you. And I can't think of anything outside of you disowning me that would make me stop loving you, Amy Campbell. You are the one and only girl that I would even consider dating, and quite frankly, you swept me off my feet. I hope you can come to trust me completely at some point in time, because I would never purposely do something to hurt you in any sense or form. And in case you don't check your E-mail account, I am sending this to you on facebook as well.

Please wait for me, I'm sorry I'm going and missing out on the opportunity to be with you again. And please know that the majority of my thoughts will be consumed with you and I could think of no one better 
than you to think of. Again, it is an honor and privilege to have you love me, and again, thank you so much for being the best there is. 

I love you Amy.
And I won't stop until you tell me to, and I look towards that day with sad and empty eyes.

Goodbye Amy, hope to see you as soon as possible.


Yes, a seventeen year old boy told this to a sixteen year old girl after ONE month of dating. But I do know that when he asked me, he was so certain of his decision. He took his time in making sure it was what he was supposed to do. 
My heart is swollen just reading these precious words. Because I know he meant them. He loved me then, so much! And he loves me now, so much!
What did I ever do to deserve him?
Yes, this is the boy I plan to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment