"I love you more than I know how to feel"

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Love

I would like to take the time to say just how sad it makes me to see people not appreciate what they have when it comes to love. I have too often seen couples who act so comfortable with their relationships. 
where is the love?
I would give anything just to see Cody and I see so many others who are so blessed with the opportunity to be in love and with that special someone. Love truly is a blessing from God. Sometimes, when I observe couples, i just want to tell them how lucky they are. I want to tell them to appreciate their spouse/love. I want to tell them, "go give your wife a kiss. because you can. and because you love her" 
Some of us don't have the chance to do that.  Some have to love from a distance. Others have love right in their hands and act as if they don't even realize the preciousness of what they have. I have seen so much negative examples and have learned to appreciate the good. 
Go hug your love. Kiss them. Tell them how wonderful they are. I wish I could. And it makes me so sad to think that people would take something as precious as a relationship and "normalize" it, or make it common or to make it seem not as special as it truly is. Do not become comfortable with each other to the point that you feel like you do not need to whisper "I love you" to the other. That you cannot wear their favorite color just to make them smile. That you cannot wait to get home just to see them smile.
I cry as I write this post because it means so much to me. 
Sit by each other on the couch. Why wouldn't you? Hold each others hand. You are in love. Show it. Do NOT tell me that showing affection is only for newlyweds and during the honeymoon part of a marriage. 
Who are the cutest and best examples of love? Think about them. They are the older couples who still hold hands and smile at each other after whispering sweet nothings to each other. Don't give an excuse. Don't say, "we just don't have that anymore" Do it.
It is going to take work, but keep in mind how, if done the right way, love won't seem like work at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment